Picture of my girl

jmaggi

Just wanted to share a few picts of my little princess.
I got her from my kids science teacher about 3 months ago, after I gave him a rather large clown trigger fish; since then I have been in love with this little girl.
Im not sure what kind of horse she is, what I do know is she is very smart and very loving. I put about 4-6 ghost shrimps in the tank with her and if she cant find where one is all I have to do is put my finger on the glass and drag it down to where the shrimp is and she will follow my finger and snap up the shrimp. a coupls of times she has wraped her tail around my thumb while Im cleaning the tank, she dont mind me petting her on the back, and she will push the clown fish out of the way to see me better.
She is a pig, to say she will eat allmost anything I put in the tank, she's even nibbled at the clowns flake food.
Thanks for letting me ramble and share my new love.

monalisa

Awwe, she's Beautiful!! I'm not 100% sure, but my uneducated guess would be that she's an h-erectus...don't quote me on that though. Very nice pictures!!
Lisa

rykna

Wow!!!! What a beautiful seahorse, and the bond you are forming with your horse is awesome. Please~gush/ramble all you want...that's what us fish addicts are here for
the more pics & experiences the better. i'd have to vote h-erectus as well.
My seahorses have touched me more than any other fish I've ever had. I look forward to more pics and updates on your beautiful girl

dreamer44

she's AWSOME! I would love to have a sea horse....but that will wait till I talk my dh into a 2nd tank., Ive been wanting Perc clowns, and I have to have those first....
are sea horse, reef safe.....live rock and such....with clowns....or should I not even entertain the though..... :thinking:
thanks for sharing!
Lori

jmaggi

Well so far I have noticed my sea horse is reef safe, she likes the live rock to hang on and expecialy to hunt ghost shrimp on; she plays in the pockets of the live rock. she lives very well with my mated pair of clowns, snails, hermit crabs, fire worms, and a small pipe fish. But thats this seahorse... like people have different personalities Im sure so do seahorses. you'll neve know unless you try...good luck.

rykna

Originally Posted by NyButterfly03
I had my 1st ponies with clowns without any problems! hth
Yeah, it really depends on the fish too. My 2 false percs got a eviction notice one week after the seahorses moved in.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by Rykna
Yeah, it really depends on the fish too. My 2 false percs got a eviction notice one week after the seahorses moved in.

Also depends on the size of the tank.