picture of my problem . HELP!

socal57che

Not familiar with the remora. I think Tizzo uses one. I think that if you have sunlight entering your tank, removing the sunlight will probably clear this up.
Also need to get your phos level down. Salifert says that .25ppm will retard coral growth and .10ppm is critical level with .03 being good.

amadent

socal57che. Thanks for all your time, patience, and knowledge. From the east coast to west coast, Thanks and good night.

kayak385

Originally Posted by barchtruong
you gotta have 2 Emerald crabs in that tank.
Ur hair algae will be in a big trouble once the crabs are in.
My 2 emerald crabs ate all my tanks hair algae and brown algae, now I am thinking how to get those hair algae stuff to grow in the tank so the crabs can eat.
how big were the emerald crabs? I have two that are about an inch diameter, but i've seen ones 2.5 inch diameter!

barchtruong

Originally Posted by kayak385
how big were the emerald crabs? I have two that are about an inch diameter, but i've seen ones 2.5 inch diameter!
the crabs are 1".
I had just some hair algae prob and, boy..., those things really worked on the algae, like down to nothing.

kayak385

Originally Posted by barchtruong
the crabs are 1".
I had just some hair algae prob and, boy..., those things really worked on the algae, like down to nothing.
mine are just picking at the rocks, and there is one that i put them on that has the hair algae and they aren't going after it, just the rocks themselves.

cgrant

mexican turbo snails, lawmower/algae blennie, diamond goby for the sand.
I didnt see what size tank you have?
I saw something about alk & dkh? alk dkh@8.3 is a little low, I like to keep my alk @ atleast 10dkh, a strong alk will also hamper the growth of hair algae.
I just went threw this on my 210 when my anem decided to swim into my modded MJ 1200 and got diced into the tank, it took me ~5 weeks to get rid of it all.