Picture of my Tank

wigle36

I just changed over to new lighting. LED's I don't know if I like it or not but at night the lunar lights make it look
pretty good. I am not sure if my Kenya trees like it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Changing lights will take your corals a few days to adjust to the change. Even just changing the bulb can do that.

E

eric b 125

unless the corals are directly under the fixture they wont get enough light. LED's dont give off the ambient light like T5's or MH's. they shoot through the water more like a laser beam.
i was all about the LED's until a guy that does R&D for marineland and reef brite came to speak at my local club meeting earlier this month.

spanko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric B 125 http:///forum/thread/384296/picture-of-my-tank#post_3366031
unless the corals are directly under the fixture they wont get enough light. LED's dont give off the ambient light like T5's or MH's. they shoot through the water more like a laser beam.
This would really depend on the optics used. You can spread LED lighting and still get better PAR than MH and or T5

btldreef

What type of LED's did you go with?
Things look okay to me, Kenya's are fussy to change but usually bounce back after a few days. The only thing I really notice is the diatoms....