Pictures of aggressive tank

splash1914

for me its not about how many gallons but the footprint (LxWxH) of the tank...
cbshark, I am not trying to start a whole new thread but, your 125 is way too small for a 2' active banded shark..... that shark looks huge! I would start looking for a new home for it or a bigger tank.....

cielo

WOW CBSHARK, your sharks are so awesome. Thanks for sharing those pics. You have at least answered one of my questions about how fast Bamboo's grow. ANyone know at what age they reach maturity and stop growing?

cbshark

Here is a photo I took a while ago of the both of them together. I will post a few more recent photos once I get some better shots.
I appreciate everyone's interest. If anyone has any banded shark questions, feel free to ask, for I am always willing to talk shark.

cadbury

Did you raise them as eggs till now, I had one for about 3 years in a 125 that I raised since he hatched. Then I gave him to a friend that has a 400 gallon. I also fed him 2x week, Weds and Sundays. Seem to work pretty well, the hardest part was saying no to people when they came over because they wanted to see him eat.......

benihuma

Are the bands (stripes) always more dominant in the females than the males, or do they lose them as they mature? Nice sharks. I couldn't think of a better excuse to get a bigger tank.
Ben

cbshark

No, I got them both at about 4-5 inches. They must have been right out of the egg though. I know what you mean about people wanting to see them eat. When I first got my male, I was feeding him just about everyday to fatten him up so he grew extremely fast. But when I got the female, I cut him back to twice a week or less and they have been doing great. They really are very neat creatures. Everyone that comes to the house and sees them has this misconception that they are so vicious but I can reach in the tank and pet them while i'm cleaning it and they seem to love it.

cadbury

So do you plan on getting a bigger tank or are you just going to get a smaller one (Shark) when you finally get rid of them?