Pictures of LR??

Can anyone post pictures of healthy LR?? Mine is not doing so well...What can be added to the LR to cause healthy algae bloom? Any suggestions for healthy LR?

shnookums

since i don't know what your setup is, here are a few things i do to my tank.
test water weekly, including calcium, alkalinity, phosphates
add strontium & essential elements,
make sure calcium is 400-450 i add solid calcium
monthly water changes
if you have an algae problem, cut your lights back to 8 hours per day. change bulbs one at a time over time so as not to have an algae bloom if your bulbs are over 6months old. get some red leg crabs and snails too.
make sure you have lots of water circulation.
hope this helps, keep us posted:)

I have a 30gal FOWLR and a CC substrate. Will the calcium hurt the fish? I am assuming it is kind of a waiting game?? I have two power heads in addition to my filter...so there is plenty of water circulation- I have many plants growing on the rock I just don't see much coraline????

S

simm

Reef Vital DNA works well to. Iv got coraline blooming from it!

falcon63

since your FWLRO by no means do you need to drip kalk! first test your water, and then add solid calcium if needed. most salts that we buy today have calcium in it, but it only brings it to about 300-350. so with the solid, you can add a small teaspoon at a time to bring up gradually, then use as aweekly maintenance if needed. Liguid calcium has a very small impact the bottle is only 10% calcium by volume.

slick

falcon I never told tex to drip kalk I simply said a lot of people do it. I personally add calcium chloride concentrare.