Pictures of new filter

surferboy

Here are some shots of my new LifeReef filter system for my 180g tank which replaced a smaller ETSS setup.
The calicum reactor you see in the one shot is not yet hooked up and running yet. I still have to get my CO2 tank filled. I will also be adding an inline chiller.

surferboy

Thanks. It all cost around $2,100 for the sump, skimmer, calcium reactor, gage set, CO2 tank, filter cylinders, and both pumps. It all came with all hoses and connectors. The controller I already had.

frozenguy

i'm new to this hobby so dont be offended, but is all that nessacary?
i have a prizm skimmer and a penguin 170 for my 25 gallon reef...i mean..how much better water quality can you get?
and again, i'm in no way attacking, just curious..i am new and i'm just wondering...i'm not judging or anything...

surferboy

Not offended at all since I was new to the hobby at one time as well. This tank is a 180g for starters and requires a lot of water movement for some of the corals I like to keep, also some of my fish are pretty sensitive to poor water quality and this setup keeps it at its best with a lot less work on my part. I also use ozone on occasion which I did not state before, so there is another piece of equipment to add to the list.
Thanks for your question

surferboy

I really enjoy the hobby and taking care of the tanks.
I have Hamilton lighting on the tank. (3) 250w MH & (2) 165w VHO Actinics