Pictures of Puffers?

nixpack

I'm fascinated with these "so ugly they're cute" fish. I especially like the Porcupine Puffer but know that I will never have a tank large enough to have the pleasure of owning one.
Anyone have any pictures of their Puffers to share? I'd love to see some and hear stories about them.
Also, I know they aren't reef safe but has anyone had an success keeping a smaller guy like the Spotted Puffer in a reef aquarium or is that just pure foolishness?
Thanks!

lion_crazz

Well, the database is down right now, but I will try posting some pics of my puffer for you later tonight.

nixpack

Oh, don't get me wrong...he's a doll! Those puffers just have that quality about them--kinda make you take a step back the first time you see one and then it quickly turns into "love at 2nd sight"
Please don't hunt me down:scared: and don't let Gus Gus know what I said. I didn't mean it, I swear!

nixpack

Well, all I have to say now is I'm glad he doesn't have legs and can't truly hunt me down.
That is such a cool picture!!

nixpack

Wow, thanks for posting the pictures, Lion Crazz! How big is he and what size is your tank?
Claudia

lion_crazz

He is a "striped" puffer, about 7 inches long, and currently he is in my 75, but he will be moving into a 210 this summer/fall.

swman

Here is a pic of my puffer being lazy lower right hand side he just got done eating so he is resting.

nixpack

swman~I'm glad you prefaced your picture with "just got done eating so he's resting," otherwise, I would have been horrified by the picture of the half-dead Puffer. :D That picture cracks me up...what a little pig. I bet he was quite happy at that moment. Thanks for posting it!
btw--beautiful Niger, too!
~Claudia~