Pictures of reef

tacks

Couldn't help but notice, are you and BLUEBERRYBLOOMER husband and wife? I hope that question is not out of line. I just noticed the two of you have posted the same pics. Nice tank BTW...

kdlbem

Very nice tank, You two. :) Can't wait to start our reef tank. The more of them I see, the more barren and empty our 75gal. FO looks. :( Thats what I get for using copper in the main tank. Oh well, your tank's great. Thanks for sharing it!
B

blueberryboomer

Hi Tanks and everyone that posted, yes fixit and I have been married for almost 16 years,(Sept.7 will be 16). Thanks to everyone who took alook and posted a comment. We love our tank and enjoy showing it off. LOL Lisa :D :D :D :D :D :D

mr . salty

Looks like a nice setup.But you are in serious need of MORE LIGHT. Is that single MH the only light you have????

b_ball12_99

Very nice tank. I have to agree the lighting is a bit dim, but I understand how $$$ effects everything. How many watts per gallon you getting from your lighting?

sbustobante

I thought triggers weren't reef compatible because they would eat corals. Have you had any problems with your niger?

blueberryboomer

High Mr Salty, No that is not the only light in the tank...There is I think just under 400 watts of lighting in the tank (my hubby will correct me if I wrong) for some reason when I uploaded them they seem darker then the org. pic. I'll try and get some new ones on there.. I"m thinking what I did was upload some with our blue light on instead of the daylight bulbs...I'll half to check..I'll let you know...LOL Lisa :rolleyes:
OK my hubby(fixit) corrected me we have--2-96 watt atinacs,2-96watt daylight bulbs & 400watt-12000K MH for a total of 784 watts, better then 10 watts per gallon...Pictures were taken with atinacs only LOL Lisa
[ April 18, 2001: Message edited by: BLUEBERRYBOOMER ]

adrian

Nice looking tank. Just for the record, that empy angle, is more commonly known as a juv. Imperator angel and will grow up to be about 15+", also known as the emperor angel. Good luck

blueberryboomer

Hi ADRON402, ya I know he is a juv Imperator, but when I'm talking to him I call him my empy..(I know talking to your fish...I do it all the time) Thanks for the info though...LOL Lisa :D

adrian

The only reason I said anything was I was down in NO last weekedn when this kid tried to sell me a juv. Korna as a pygmy angel telling me it would keep the cool blue and white markings for ever and never get bigger than for inches. I talk to my fish all the time, just the usual "how was your day" "whats the water like" "are you guys hungry" "ask my Bangaii why he looks so grumpy". I see your in MI, have you ever visited Tropicorium. I used to live up there, Clare, but I want in the hobby yet and so wish I could have gone there.

blueberryboomer

Hi ADRON402, ya we've been there. Pretty coool place, thats where we got our bluetip carpet in the pictures. You have to really watch the people at the lfs, they try to get you to buy anything and they don't care if it will be bad for your tank(there are a few exceptions).
Everybody...Thanks for viewing our site, hopfully I'll be adding a few pictures tonight. And thats for all coments! :D

paulytee

Nice tank you guys! I have the same tank set-up the 72g bow front(i thought it was a 73g! lol) For me, its looks great in my livingroom, and I got a great deal to help my budget! :D Im only a month or so into mine, so now I have a tank to compare with! Keep up the great work and hopefully ill have my sight up soon!
By the way, how did you get your Niger to stay off the reef? The Niger is my favorite fish and everything I've read and heard says they chomp on inverts and corals :(
Good luck and happy reefing!

blueberryboomer

Hi Paulytee, We don't have a problem with our niger eating any of our reef or corals. We keep him really feed. The one we had a problem with is the undulated trigger, he was a real bugger, we'd keep him fed to or so we thought, all our crabs and a couple small fish came up missing.. Couldn't figure out why til we looked into his hidey-hole and seen all the shells from the crabs. Needless to say he went back to lfs....Our niger is the coolest thing in our tank, next to our snowflake eel..He likes to show off. Good luck with your 72 bow, we love ours but planning on going to 150+ come summer, look forward to seeing your site. LOL Lisa :D