Piece of JUNK power strip!

ifirefight

I will not name the company (not sure if its against the rules)but Im sure you will recognize from the pic. Over the last 2 days I have had in not turn on the lights,and yesterday it turned on the lights and fans but never turned them off. It works by pushing in the "pins" for the desired time you want the lights on and the "pins out" for off time. Has anybody else had a problem with this particular timer?? I have only had it 2 weeks :mad: I will try and return it if I find the reciept
. If anybody has a timer/powerstrip they could recommend,I would appreciate it. Thanks

scsinet

Lowe's sells some Intermatic digital timers for $12-$20 that I use that work very well. I use the $20 ones since I can have different times on different days (I have my lights set to come on a little earlier on the weekends to name an example) but the $12 one will work better than any mechanical timer.

T

tizzo

That's exactly what I use, the digital timer. I love it...
check out lowes dot com and enter item #80520. That's exactly what I use. Anyway, obviously, you will need more than one.

bronco300

i have that coralife timer as well, havent had problems with it yet, every now and then when i'm changing the times the stupid little things(pins, or whatever you want to call em) wont trip it correctly, so i have to play with it some to get it to work

maelv

I went to Wal-mart and found a digital timer for less than $10 and love it...granted it only has one plug...I found it in the paint / electrical department. Sorry not at work, so I can't tell you what it is. But you can also set different times for different days on it, and it has a battery back up on it...

smork81

I just recieved that exact strip two days ago and have had problems ever since with it coming on and going off at the right times!

extremepcs

Been there. I had the Coral Life mechanical model and I hated it. I bought 2 outdoor digital timers from Home Depot and they work great. They have a battery backup so they don't lose the settings if the power goes out.

bronco300

Originally Posted by azfishgal
FABULOUS!!! I have this same strip and I'm just now setting up my tank.

haha, i havent had that many problems, butthere are definitely bad reviews for them starting fires...i'll be changing mine soon...but its not thattttt bad

ifirefight

Originally Posted by Bronco300
haha, i havent had that many problems, butthere are definitely bad reviews for them starting fires...i'll be changing mine soon...but its not thattttt bad
HOLY CRAP
Starting fires.......... I would never live that one down.

bronco300

Originally Posted by ifirefight
HOLY CRAP
Starting fires.......... I would never live that one down.
the only thing is i'm not sure if it was actually that, or if water got in it etcetc...i've had water get in one of mine and away the sparks and then fire came next...nice black spot of the wall after that one.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by Nel621
I have that unit but with a single timer not dual like yours and it works just fine.
Mine's also the single, so maybe I'll be ok. :notsure:

chilwil84

have the same one works perfectly they must be like our fish some follow the norm and many just do what they want, i have always liked the single manual timer HD sells with two on/off pin sets they never did me wrong when i was breeding snakes, but if you go digital get one go for the battery backup type

nel621

Originally Posted by Bronco300
the only thing is i'm not sure if it was actually that, or if water got in it etcetc...i've had water get in one of mine and away the sparks and then fire came next...nice black spot of the wall after that one.
I mounted mine in the stand but under the tank.a bit difficult to get wet. Also if you have a lot of the multi-strips around and if you are not using all of the outlets you may want to plug them with those child safety covers.It helps to keep them from getting splashed with water.Just an idea.