Pink and Purple Alge

getsinger2006

How do i grow that pretty pink and purple alge in my tank. i have a 90 al with a 10 gal sump. My tank has corals, LR and 9 fish. Thanks

bs21

well usually need to have good calcium levels, ph, alk. and it just takes time. did your LR have it when you got it?

d-dzel

It grows on it's own. I dose purple up once or twice a month, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Mine's starting to take over the front of the tank and I have to keep scraping it off.

soulsigma

My tank has just hit the month bench mark and I have the purple,green and Burgundy algae growing on my rock and on the glass. I like it on the rocks but not on my glass so now I have to scrape it daily to stay on top of it. I've noticed that the green starts out as a lime green then turns a money green pretty interesting to watch the transformation.

flower

Neon orange turns to red. Time is what creates the coraline, Patients is the key to everything saltwater.
You are not going to hurry anything up adding stuff to the tank, too much purple up will send the calcium off the charts. If you are using it make sure to test the calcium levels. Too much calcium will hinder growth as well. It grows when water is good.
Proper PH and the right numbers in calcium will cause the coraline algae to grow faster. So instead of trying to grow coraline, concentrate on perfect water...then all good things happen.