Pink-tip anemone PLEASE HELP

sting_ray29

I got it a couple of days ago- have been feeding it brime shrimp and blodd worms yesturday/ This mourning it had all its tentales like, inside of itself... Then later I watched the tentacles come out and they were "deflated".. Now most of them are inflated and it is reflecting a greenish color on some of them. Is this normal????

T

tulip89

They will deflate and inflate to gather food.. The brine shrimp is good, Try and feed it plankton, silversides,squid.. Keep how long it isn't inflated.. The longer it inflates , the better.. Mine normally will deflate right before lights out, and be fully inflated when lights come back on. :happy:

sting_ray29

Sweat.. Does it usually have a green or brown tint to it after comming out? Also, I just realised I have holes- Like an ant farm- that the copods, which i think they are, have been making in the sand next to the glass- pretty cool.

T

tulip89

OH yeah.. The browner the better.. When a anemone is white, it is lacking zooxanthellae... Here's my rose tipped BTA..

jb rekit

how do you give them more zooxanthellae?
I have two of them (about 5 months) but they have always been pretty white. I feed them brine shrimp and about 1 silverside each per week.

viper_930

Tulip, sting_ray is asking about a pink-tip, not a BTA. May just be similar enough though. Just making sure you know.
how do you give them more zooxanthellae?
How much lighting do you have? If it is not enough then they will remain bleached. The zoocanthellae need lots of light to grow.