Pink Tip poisoning zoos?

chele

Purchased a pink tip haitian anemone and a clownfish from LFS about 3 weeks ago. Trusted lady at the store that told me they would work together. Read enough in the forums to understand that's not goint to happen.

Problem I'm having is I have some zoos in this tank, and the anemone has moved under a rock next to them. This morning, some of my zoos won't open up. Could the anemone be releasing toxins? Or will anemone's attack them?

sueandherzoo

I don't know about the anemone poisoning the zoas but I DO know that some clowns will host pink tip Haitian anemones. I have two in my tank and the clown hosts in one of them constantly.
Sue

I have 3 bta and one pink tip with 4 clowns, no one will go near the pink tip. He's the one always exploring and I have to move things out of his way or he will sting them. He's entertaining but not very neighborly.

chele

OK, so there's a chance that the clown may warm up to the pink tip. That's cool. I read a few other posts about not forcing the anemone to move, so I picked up the zoos and moved them instead. Cost me a sting from "the enemy" anemone

So far, so good. Thanks for correcting my thinking about toxins versus nemocysts. Least I won't have to worry about him nuking the tank if he feels threatened.