Pink tip Question

whodini6

Ok so my pink tip seems to be doing good but the thing about it is that he does not just stay in one place. In the morning he will be on one side of the tank and by the time i come home in the afternoon her may be on the other side. it just seems weird that the thing wont stay in one gerneral area. is this normal for a pink tip to do until it finds the correct place for itself or what?

stokedhawk

i just recently got a pink tip as well, i also have a gbta but i have the same problem with the pink tip. it never stays in the same place throughout the day. it has always stayed on the same side of the tank that i originally put it in though. it just moves all over a couple of rocks and sometimes it even detaches itself from the rocks and sits in the sand. my gbta stays in one spot though.

perfectdark

It all depends on how long it moves around for.. Days weeks? Typically a mobile anenome is not a happy one. Its looking for a place where flow, food and lighting are present. Issues such as water quality trace elements and or another anenome can also be an issue. They dont like other anenomes in the tank with them even if they are the same species. A biological war can break out and reek havoc on your tank.

lovecraft

I guess I'm lucky, mine stayed in the exact same spot I placed him and he's been there for weeks. I kind of would like to move him to a different spot now, but I don't want to hurt him because he seems pretty happy where he is. He just doesn't seem to know that he will make my tank prettier if I move him elsewhere.....oh well.

perfectdark

LOL unfortunatly he may just move back if you do. Be careful though if you try to move it, if you tear its foot you could kill it.

S

saltycrab

PerfectDark what do you mean by a biological war? What is the worst case senerio? I have two pink tips that decided they like the same spot and I think are fighting for it.

b515001

Originally Posted by lovecraft
I guess I'm lucky, mine stayed in the exact same spot I placed him and he's been there for weeks. I kind of would like to move him to a different spot now, but I don't want to hurt him because he seems pretty happy where he is. He just doesn't seem to know that he will make my tank prettier if I move him elsewhere.....oh well.

mine did the same and now all of a sudden it is on an adventure around the tank. staying in one spot for a few days then moving back to the old spot..

perfectdark

Originally Posted by SaltyCrab
PerfectDark what do you mean by a biological war? What is the worst case senerio? I have two pink tips that decided they like the same spot and I think are fighting for it.

Biological warefare is refrenced to poisionous toxins that anenomies release into the tank to warn the other anenomies that there is another anenomie in the tank its aware of its presence and its not happy about it. Lots of LFS have multiple anenomies in their tanks and everything seems to be ok however you will rarely see them mix species and the turn over rate of filtration in their tanks is abour 20x better than the typical home tank.