Pinktail Triggerfish

tanglvr68

Hello all...
Just doing some research on Pinktail Triggerfish. I was wondering if anyone here has one and any advice you may have on this type of fish.
I have a 55 gal saltwater tank with about 56 lbs of figi live rock it is fully cycled and now im ready to stock it. I currently have 2 clown fish and a cleaning crew in it.
Could someone please give me some more information on Pinktail Triggerfish.
Thanks....

thesamm

not necessarly....they are similar to a niger and it is a possibility it can be kept in a reef just not likely with smaller fish and inverts but i know people that have both nigers and pinktales in reef tanks with no problems what so ever...but it all depends on the fish

bean 1

I have one in my 400 with a blue throat and they are wonderful. They are one of the more passive triggers and like the above poster mentioned, can be kept in reek tanks. Mine is in a FOWLR with about 700# of LR and a bunch of inverts and fish but I haven't had any problems. The are more of a planktonic feeder (feed within the water column) but are triggers none the less and could possibly feed on your inverts if it wanted. I keep my triggers well fed so they don't pester anyone. I would suggest a larger aquarium if you want to keep a trigger long term though because they like their space, are very active and like to swim fast around the tank. If you decide on a trigger also take a look at the blue throat, cross hatch, and sargassum. All of these tend to stay on the smaller side and are reef compatible. Good luck!
Bean

bean 1

Mated pair of blackspot angels (Probably a misnomer since they don't have any spots but I think they are probably some of the best looking angels out there, but I rarely see anyone else with them!), a foxface, blue hamlet, arc eye hawk, scopas tang, harlequin tusk, and the pinktail and bluethroat triggers. There is also an orchid dottyback in there as well.
Bean

tanglvr68

Hey thanks for the advice. Hey Bean by any chance do you have any pictures of your tank? It sounds beautiful?
We havent decided on the trigger but find it interesting to say the least. We've talked to our LFS on this subject but we wanted to research this fish a little bit longer. If we dont decide on it now I know it wil be a fish we decide to put in a larger tank once we see how things go with the 55gal.
So far everything is right on with the water and our fish and inverts are doing just fine.
Well again thank you for advice and will look forward to further postings on this subject.:happyfish

bean 1

I've tried to post pics before but I've never got it to work. I'm relatively computer illiterate. I even purchased a new camera several months ago with hopes of sharing some pics on line. Maybe my wife can figure it out!
Bean