Pipefish Babies

otto13

I decided to take a chance on some pipefish from an online store in florida.
They offer mated pairs for 17.95 and plant combos for 11.95. I thought, too good to be true.
Well, they got lost in the mail and showed up 8 days later.
I blame this on the Savannah mail system.
Guess what, not only were they alive, but they had babies in the bag.
About 10 baby pipefish. They are already eating baby brine.
Check out the plant combo they sent. This is about half of it.
There was too much to fit in my seahorse tank.
Sometimes good things even happen to jerks like me.

otto13

I just ran into a problem. The small peppermint shrimp has taken a notice to the baby pipefish. Anyone know a quick "at home" shrimp trap. I was going to put a cup with small hole in there with food. Is there a better way??

kev

Hmmm... how big of a tank is the pep shrimp in? If its a smaller tank, I would just take out the rock and catch him... If its a bigger tank, you could try catching him at night maybe?? Those baby pipefish are too cool man. What type of pipefish are they? How big are the babies? Mind me askin where you ordered them from?

fish boy

i bet the male was pregant and it gave birth over those 8 days and i read some where the males will have around 10 babies

otto13

The tank is a 12 gallon. The adults are about 2.5 inches long and have the girth of a clothes hanger. The fry are about 1/2 inch. The all seem happy as clams and are eating right off the bat. It came from aqualand in miami.

otto13

Here is the website. If I am not supposed to post this, please remove the link mr. moderator.
They have dwarf seahorses as well. I bought a pair. One was neon green and the other was gold/yellow. Total price, 12.00.
http://www.seahorseworld.com/

otto13

another of one of the babies eating.
You can see the live baby brine in the picture.
Also, I got the peppermints out. Kinda had to pull out the rocks.
Arrrg.