Pipefish

My LFS has a warm water (ie off the coast here) pipefish in the store. He's been there for a least two months in the back. I'd love to get a him. He's eating mysis & other frozen foods, no signs of infection, been in QT ever since he got there.
The best part ... he's free. I did a favor for the LFS guy & he said he wouldn't charge much for him anyways.

redsea

Originally Posted by Floridacatfish
http:///forum/post/2934947
My LFS has a warm water (ie off the coast here) pipefish in the store. He's been there for a least two months in the back. I'd love to get a him. He's eating mysis & other frozen foods, no signs of infection, been in QT ever since he got there.
The best part ... he's free. I did a favor for the LFS guy & he said he wouldn't charge much for him anyways.

nice, post pics if you get him!!!

I think it's a caribbean pipefish (they're native to Florida). Was thinking about getting a 24g aquapod for him a few very calm friends.

The only thing about the aquapod is that my LFS is running a special on the setup ...to include the tank, sand, and LR. I forgot which light kit that included, but I wasn't planning on putting coral in there anyways except maybe for some mushrooms. Maybe they'll give me a break on the 34g size instead. I have a lot of plants in my main tank that will be ready for transferring to this tank to make a good bottom for her. Plus some snails, my two purple firefish.