Pirates of the Carribbean: At World's End

prevwon

I just saw it, it was a great movie! You're in for a treat! I'm not going to say much about it, but make sure you stay after the credits!

renogaw

OHHH thank you for the hint there!! we're going sunday. there is a thread don't forget for movie spoilers if you want to talk more about it :)

renogaw

Originally Posted by windmill
No more pirates. Leave it to Hollywood to beat each and every last cent out of a dead horse.

I would really like to know what, if anything, you do in your spare time. anything anyone talks about is a waste of time to you. if you didn't suspect a third movie after watching the second one, you didn't watch the second one :p

windmill

I would really like to know what, if anything, you do in your spare time
No you don't.
I suppose I could've phrased my response better. I just meant to say I've had my fill of pirates and hope this will be the last we see of them for a while. Not quite me saying it's a waste of time - but I see your point about my negativity, that's just me.
And you're right, I didn't see the second.

eaglephot

Originally Posted by HappyVac
Really? I heard that it was complicated to the point of frustration.
It was complicated. A lot of parts you didn't get how they got there. The movie was packed with action! It was way too long. I have mixed feelings. I liked it the most of the three I think. I wouldn't see it again though. I am sad I didn't wait for the previews.

eaglephot

No more pirates. Leave it to Hollywood to beat each and every last cent out of a dead horse.
This "dead horse" is most likely going to have the biggest weekend opening of all time. I don't see it as they are trying to beat every last cent. They are beating every last million dollar if anything! LOL

windmill

Good point.
Yes, it is undoubtable that this movie will make lots of money this weekend. But it's unlikely it'll be the biggest movie weekend of all time.

renogaw

Good point.
Yes, it is undoubtable that this movie will make lots of money this weekend. But it's unlikely it'll be the biggest movie weekend of all time.

i think it will. 1) it started early on thursday. 2) it has memorial day weekend.
also windmill, there's a nice new tv show coming out thursday just for you: its a survivor based show on pirates :)

eaglephot

Good point.
The second Pirates is the second biggest of all time. It was the first but only just beat by Spiderman 3. I would not be surprised if it took it from Spiderman 3.
Check it out. It is crazy! I would have never thought it would be this popular. http://the-numbers.com/movies/records/20weekends.php

teen

i thought the movie was horrible. Keira Knightley was the only reason i sat through the whole thing.

tangman99

Just got home from seeing it tonight. I like it. It did have some confusing parts, but overall I really enjoyed the movie.

mike22cha

I went and saw it tonight too. It didn't really have a plot but kind of entertaining. Better than the second but that isn't saying much.

maelv

Originally Posted by PrevWon
I just saw it, it was a great movie! You're in for a treat! I'm not going to say much about it, but make sure you stay after the credits!

Well we liked the movie.....but could have done without the 10 minute credits to see that ending....

renogaw

i watched pirates 1 last night, guess what....theres an ending after the credits that makes pirates 2 make sense. i'm going to watch pirates 2 today and see if there's anything after the credits :) then we're going to pirates 3 this afternoon hahaha

firefish9

The movie was way to confusing at the start. You had to pay attention to tiny details. over all it was great. I liked all the pirates from the different countries.
What happened at the end of the credits i didn't see it?