Pistol Rampage

fenrir

Well I made one of the biggest mistakes last week adding a mated pair of Caribean Pistols to my 14 gallon. When I was looking at the pair they were in a 12 gallon tank with chromis and two cleaners for months. So I didn't think they would have an issue with them being aggresive. However the first night they killed my 3 year old skunk cleaner shrimp that I had since I started the hobby...3 days later they killed my Bicolor Blenny which had become my favorite fish.
After coming home to see my Blenny half eaten it was the last straw. I ripped my tank apart to get the little S*B's out. I put them in my 3 gallon pico and moved my tiny mated pair of pistols into my 14 gallon. So I let my tank settle back down and now I just have my one false perc and clean up crew in my tank. I know I want to get a fire shrimp this time around but I am unsure on replacements for my second fish. I know I loved my bicolor but I have been eyeing the Midas Blenny for awhile. Any fish suggestions that you guys like?

fenrir

Originally Posted by WorrBaller
http:///forum/post/3006766
If you like blennies, the midas is good. But my personal favorite is the canary blenny.
Any issues with it being venomose? I've read that it can bite other fish if attacked. My clown will most definantly bug the new fish for a couple of days.

stanlalee

nope they are punks. midas blennies are too active and large for a 14g biocube IMO (which actually only holds 10g of water empty, chambers full). having had both the canary would be a much better choice for that size tank but are a little more difficult to feed. try to find ORA aquacultered and not wild.

pezenfuego

I'm going to have to catch one of these buggers to sell tomorrow. I know what it's like. It is not fun.

fenrir

My lFS had a small Bicolor Blenny for sale and I had to pick him up. They are my favorite fish and I decided to stay with what I like. I also picked up a fireshrimp and will keep you posted on how things are going.

symphony

Good luck, my flame tail blenny is def. one of my fav's. if I saw him being eaten the culprit might have a date with the toilet!