Pistol Shrimp in 12?

W

wbsurfer101

Well i ordered a randalli shrimpgoby and swf gave me a randalli pistol shrimp. Do these work in nanos? Mines hanging out in the bag with holes for now. Will they break the glass of a nano cube?
And are they annoying sounding, feedback pleassssssseeee

nanokid

You never really get to see them because there always building burrows but its pretty cool to get a yellow watchmen goby or some type of goby and watch them share the same burrow. My friend had one and he really never got to see his besides feeding time. How much did you spend on it if you dont mind me asking?

W

wbsurfer101

They sent it by accident so i dident pay anything. its real pretty.

schadiest1

I kept a watchman/tiger pistol in my 15. No broken glass and he wasn't really annoying, just the occasional popping of his claw. They did stay hidden most of the time. I loved watching him build their burrow.

W

wbsurfer101

So i shouldent be worried at all? i was thinking of detaching his claw..

rngpw1028

I have a pistol shrimp and a Hifin goby, and they are probably the coolest pair I have. The shrimp is very friendly and him and the shrimp will live together in burrows. Its really neat to watch. Hifin gobys are usually less than $25, but I know that they will pair up with a number of different gobies

nanokid

Do yall think a pistol shrimp well pair up with a Yashia White Ray Shrimp Goby
because i have one in my aquapod and i just love it.

W

wbsurfer101

Ya it would do great in a pair, I am so happy for getting this little guy. It is crazy because there is a rock touching the front of my tank and he just hapened to build his burrow between the glass and the rock in the very front.
It looks llike one of those ant farms in the glass sheets. IM SO HAPPY! They are funny little critters. I recoment them highly if u make a little burrow beforehand where you want them.

fishguy77

Detaching his claw so that he doesn't make popping noises seems like a pretty mean thing to be doing. I mean, it's basically ripping his arm off to shut him up... Besides, it's a poor solution as he'll likely grow one back when he molts, unless you really damage him too seriously...