Pistol Shrimp/ Watchmans Goby

j21kickster

Got the pair goin- has anybody ever done this? if so how long did it take for yours to pair up- both are pretty sweet- Ill keep you updated

j21kickster

the goby tries to go in the same hole as the shrimp but he always pops at it and scares it off- its pretty funny. The yellow watchmans goby is eating very well, as well as the pistol shrimp- cant wait till it happens

nicky1.8t

i have a pistol shrimp and bar goby i got them paired from the lfs there so cool when i can accually find them they like to hide.

maverick005

this sounds interesting, although i have no idea what yall are talking about.
can someone please exlain it to me?
-brandon

j21kickster

well last year i saw a video of a yellow watchmans goby and a red pistol shrimp (possibly the same type i have now) sharing a home- i remember hearing that someone had the same pair but i dont remember where i say it- My goby wants in there with the shrimp but at this juncture he is being selfish- hopefully it will work- if not then i have 2 cool inhabitants regardless:thinking:

nm reef

I'd like to develope a friendly pair in my reef...but I've never really checked into the possibility. Keep us posted on how yours get along. Very kewl relationship from what little I know on the subject!:thinking:

nicky1.8t

does any one elses pistol make alot of noise i hear mine clicking all the time i like it its a cool addition

overanalyzer

Hey J21 did you get those from MPM or another local store?? Been thinking of getting another long finned goby and a pistol shrimp ... my girls miss their long finned prawn goby - or Jewel as they called her ...

j21kickster

I got the fishr from MPM but the shrimp was from Paradise Aquatics- for only 12 bucks- im a smooth talker:D - They only had one at the time so i would call if you want to get one

aarone

Originally posted by waterfaller1
Umm..are you sure these two will pair?I have always thought the goby,and the pistol for that matter..had to be a certain type..Like,the orange spotted goby,orange stripe prawn,hi fin red-banded,and wheeler's watchman,are a few.They are supposed to be of the genus ambleyleotris{sp?} or stonogobiops.

I thought so too but cryptocentrus will pair as well.
aaron