Pistons or Spurs?

jurichar

The stones BABY....Lookin for a sweep, but we may give them a game or two so they dont start crying ;)

scubadoo

7 game series Spurs will win on bench strength . Look for Duncan to have a big series and for Detriot to take the early seires lead...but will fade as it progresses to game 7.
If Duncan did not miss 16 games (I beleive it was 16) they would have had the best record in the NBA regular season.
They can match some of the physical play....but the Detroit wear em down strategy will not be as effective due to the number of players the Spurs can utilize.
I am not a fan of either team...just how I see the series unfolding. Do not be surprised to see Detriot win game one...not uncommon for teams to steal the first one after the other has rested for an extended period.
Should be an entertaining series...maybe Ben Wallace can make a few free throws in a row.

E

exile415

I got my money on the Spurs..
But I bet warriors makign the playoff next year. :D

inxsu2

As a Detroit transplant in Southern California for the past 18 years ... a region bursting with too many damned egos and teams ... it's Motor City all the way, BABY!
Woo HOO!!!
Pisssss
.... TONS!!!
:cheer:
CHEERS!!!
Patty
P.S. If you are undecided, root for Detroit just because it's fun to say "Pistons" after consuming mass quantities!!!

jacksdad

Pistons in 6. They just have to many weapons. If you watched any of game 7 in the Miami series, every starter at one point or another came up with a big play at a point in the game when Miami was making a run.
The Wallace boys, however, need to get it going and keep it going. I really like the match ups all the way around the court. It should be an entertaining series even though both team rely primarily on defence. It wouldn't suprise me if the Spurs win, but I think the Pistons starters are going to be the difference.
GO PISTONS!!!

norcal

spurs in 5. and although i hate to admit it, i think they are going to get a few more in the coming years. im with you exile, warriors in the playoffs next year. if they get a center, they have potential to win a series or two in the playoffs as well. :yes: (i love baron davis!)

Originally Posted by tony detroit
OT-
007, gimme a call this weekend, we need to get the bikes out and get them dirty.
tony
PISTONS ALL THE WAY

Agreed . . . . bikes in the shop though right now getting a tune up. As soon as its done (and the weather cools off) we'll go for sure.

ross

Spurs are gonna win, bottom line. It may take 6 or 7 games but we'll win. No doubt in my mind.

viper_930

I'm going to have to go with the Pistons in 7. Don't get me wrong, the Spurs are a franchise team, but the Pistons D is just too good. Ben Wallace, the player who has won 2 Defensive Player of the Year awards in 3 years, is downright intimidating. Sure, he may be undersized at the C position, but you can't dribble down the lane ignoring him. Rasheed Wallace, as he showed earlier in Game 1, he can score on Duncan with a variety of post-up moves. Tayshaun Prince, named to the All-Defense 2nd Team, can wear down any player (Kobe in last years Finals, Dwyane Wade in the previous round) including Manu Ginobilli. Rip Hamilton, probably the best mid-range shooter around today, well, his play speaks for itself. And don't get me started with Chauncy Billups, his nickname, "The Big Shot" speaks for itself...

Although I was thoroughly disappointed with Game 1 of the series, I still think the pistons are going to win. I am not surprised that the spurs won that one because they've had how many days to rest while the pistons had like two?
It'll will go to at least 6 games, but the 'ston's are going to take it. The spurs rely too heavily on a single player for their wins as the heat did and look what we did to them when their star was out . . . . lowest score in playoff history (66 pts.) The pistons will find a way to stop Manu and the spurs are done.

teen

pistons are the illest team alive. its as simple as that :D i dont even know y the 76ers, pacers, heat and spurs even show up to play them. it doesnt get much better than r&b wallace, hamilton, billups, and prince. the chemistry is awesome, y would u wanna play a team that good???? :notsure:

teen

i think they all got hurt in the locker room last night some how :D dont worry, they still got this :yes:

ross

hahahah the score last night says it all.....the pistons just got beat down! That game was ridiculous!