PJ cardinal with one cloudy eye

socko6774

what could be causing this? i usually feed every other day. should i increase that?
all water levels are normal , the other Pj cardinal thats with him is fine as well as my clown and rusty angel

lion_crazz

How long have you had this fish?
When you say normal, what do you mean? What are the levels?
Is anyone picking on him?

socko6774

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
How long have you had this fish?
When you say normal, what do you mean? What are the levels?
Is anyone picking on him?

well iv seen my coral banded snap at the fish if they get close, but iv never seen him actually touch any of em(that i know of). I'v had the PJ for about 2 months.
SL= 1.024
PH=8.3
NITRATE=0
NITRITE=0-5
AMMONIA=O
TEMP=78-84 fluctuates depending on how finky my POS heater gets, i have to get a new one

lion_crazz

The temperature fluctuation is almost certainly the issue. This is probably stressing the fish out a lot. Plus, the shrimp does not help.

socko6774

The temperature fluctuation is almost certainly the issue. This is probably stressing the fish out a lot. Plus, the shrimp does not help.

i was wondering that.... time to spend MORE money... any recommendations. they all look the same to me! i only have a 29 GL

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by socko6774
i was wondering that.... time to spend MORE money... any recommendations. they all look the same to me! i only have a 29 GL
I like Won Bros. heaters. I have been using them for many years and have no problems with them. A Won Bros. 150 watt heater will do the job for you very well.

socko6774

I like Won Bros. heaters. I have been using them for many years and have no problems with them. A Won Bros. 150 watt heater will do the job for you very well.

thanks man appreciate it!