placement for my new corals

mjweber

I just got these specimens and I'm wondering about optimum placement in my tank. I have a 30 gal cube with a lot of live rock and a sunpod 150W MH. Basically I can put these anywhere (high to low) but I really don't want the color to bleach or dull from poor placement. Also how about water flow? I'm guessing the Acro likes high flow and the Zoa's are med to low. Any suggestions.
Also I have the sunpod 150 which only has on MH bulb, no supplemental actinics or anything like that. With that being said, which bulb would you guys reccomend which would give me a good combination of growth and coloration without actinics.
I've heard good things about XM and Phoenix 15K bulbs but what about going to a 20K?

jmj6239

I use a 14K bulb the acro I'd place higher once it acclimates, but I'm not the peron to ask about zoas I have bad luck with them.

coraljunkie

I agree with JMJ about the acro. I put mine in the tank on the bottom when first introduced and then moved it ot the top. As for the zoas I have mine in several locations in my tank from bottom to top. Just make sure they are getting lot's of light. Killer Zoas by the way

fatty0981

The blasto's will do well in the sand. I would place the zoas towards the middle top. Never have any good luck with placing them low.

koesterkep

I would start with them both in the sand and after a week i would move the acro to a higher position once it acclimates to the lighting. The zoo i would keep in the sand and maybe move it a few times to see where it will open most but still receive food from your flow. Both look quite nice, good color.