placement of zoos???

fishyapol

i have a 24 g aquapod with pc.. just wanted to see if there is any particular placement for them.. when i got the frags at the lfs they were under mh.. and now putting them into my tank with pc, i was wondering if there would be an affect on them.. i got them yesterday and some of the heads are not fully opened???

schadiest1

Going from MH to PC lighting, you may wanna try them out higher in your tank. If they aren't happy there though, you'll have to move them around until they find a spot in the tank they like.

xcdennisx

my zoos are all of the tank and they are doing great all over the place. they will need a couple days to get use to the new lighting then they will open more.

rabid frog

I agree with the above poster. I have 5 tanks with Zoas/Paly's in them and the range from dual 250 watt 10k's to 24 watt pc's. Zoas are pretty hard to kill yourself, usually you need the help of a predator. They are picky about opening sometimes. It all depends on how they were fragged. If they were wild caught, chopped then shipped you have about a 50/50 chance of them surviving, imo. If they were aquaculterd and fragged with care, allowed to heal before they were shipped, then they most likely will open up for you.
I have noticed different growing patterns due to where they are placed within the flow of the tank, vs lighting. More flow the closer they grow to the rocks. Less flow the higher they seem to stretch. Once again though this is just my observation and it may vary from system to system.
Joey