Plant on a Rock Question

piskiesplace

I just got a Plant on a Rock and wanted to know if it can be split, if so can someone tell me how to do it.
Thank you

leigh

Do you know what kind of plant it is? The most common would be some kind of caulerpa--do a search of that, it'll turn up some pictures. If that's what it is you won't have to try to spread it, it'll spread more than you want on it's own :)

reefnjeff

is the plant red, green or brown? either way as the reply preveious to this one stated, as long as your conditions in the tank are right, you will be pulling your hair out in no time trying to get rid of some of that, I have been battleing plant growth in my tank for over a year and I am just now getting control over it, at one time you coulden't even see any rock, my advise, get a refugium or sump and get it out of your main tank if you have coral and no fish to eat the plant, but if it is a plant tank you want, should be no probleam.

piskiesplace

It is red, sounds like I might have my hands full. I only have one fish in my tank as of now and it is a tomato clown. My neighbor is wanting some of it, that is why I was asking about splitting it I guess she will just have to wait for it to start growing. Thank you