Plate Coral a killer?

B

bcarp

I cannot find my Red Coris wrasse (Juv. 2 to 3") anywhere. Could have my long tennicle plate coral ate him? Do these corals do that? He hardly ever came out before this, but now its been a three days since I have seen him. I have looked everywhere!

nm reef

I suppose that it is possible that the plate got him....but I'd say its a remote possibility for a plate coral to catch and eat that type of fish.
I have either a red coris or a formosa(been close to a year and I'm still not positive which it is!!!)...mine will hide under the sand for extended periods if startled...maybe yours is burrowed under the sand? If not and it died then any clean-up crew members may have feasted on it. Another possibility is that its gone carpet surfing...have you checked the floor or under the stand?

B

bcarp

I checked everywhere. Unless he burried himself and died like you said. He has to be dead. I would see him atleast 2 times a day. 3 days now since I have seen him. i will keep looking. Thanks

amir

Hi I lost my for a week and then he came back .its look like after evry time I made some chang in the tank he goen for a few days...hi whatyou gonna do .
Good lack ( I hope you goinna c him back)