Plate coral algae/White spot!

marvelfan

I got this frag about 6 ro 7 months back that really started to grow well. The reddish/orange monti was covering the top of my rock. Starting to take a nice shape. However I had a hair algae outbreak 2 months ago. I did a black out period and upped my PH a little bit. The hair algae for the most part is gone. Everything seemed to be fine. Since then I started to run a carbon/GFO reactor to keep things more in check.
Over the last couple weeks (before I even hooked up the Carbon/GFO) some of the hair algae still formed, but only on the plate coral. Now it seems to have killed off or bleached out the section it grew on. Any advice on how to save this coral?

spanko

Picture appears that some is still growing on the coral. I would frag one or two pieces off the main colony that have color and now algae growth on them and attach elsewhere in the tank.

marvelfan

I was moving the rock around yesterday to clean off the coral and re-position it so that it gets the most light and flow. While I was moving it I accidently broke a chuck off, so I guess I fragged it. I put the frag in another high flow/high light area. Hopefully that helps. I'm going to start feeding Reef Chili today. I'll see if that helps any. I've heard good things about it.