Playstaion 3 anytime soon?

yacobito

Anyone know when PS3 is coming out? My PS2 is now dead and I don't know if I should buy a new one or just wait it out till the PS3 comes out. Anyone hear anything?

lefty

"Word on the street" is that it'll be coming out at the end of this year or early next year. :)
-lefty

I bet its out the day after thanksgiving or shortly before christmas of this year.

jkvjl

My word of advise is get a pre-order down or you will NEVER find one in stores the day it comes out.

joker_ca

well from what i have been reading is that its going to be released before the XBOX 2....and i just saw on G4TECHTV that the XBOX 2 is going to be released around november this year so the PS3 will proably come out around that time but expect to pay around 300 bucks for it, and from what my vendors say the graphics are going to be awesome, and what i read on pcworld said its going to be like a pc

saltn00b

i originally heard PS3 was going to retail for about $500. they were playing around with the idea of having a detachable portion on it - not sure why.... and it will have the processing power of IBMs Deep Blue. (thats their flagship Mainframe. it might be called Big Blue, i forgot but its a few years old now.)
chances are it will be released in time for the XMAS rush to be marketed along side the XB2.

fishy411

these systems are getting more and more expensive. I though 180 was a lot for an xbox but now it seems like nothing compared to 300$.

jkvjl

Xbox 2 (or Xbox360?) to have wireless controllers
The word is spreading, through the Inquirer, Engadget, Slashdot and GamesIndustry.biz, that the upcoming XBox console will ship with wireless game controllers

lefty

I don't mind corded (is that a word) controllers at all. Less chance of losing them if they're connected to something. :D
I had the privilege of receiving a launch Xbox and they were $300 at the time. Now they're down to $150 with even more options than they were originally offered with. But the games are what get you. I wouldn't worry so much about the price of the console because most games start at $50 anyway. =)
-lefty

jkvjl

I agree with Lefty, No matter what system you buy it's going to cost but you can't put a price on how many times you sit down and enjoy yourself playing Madden or a Nascar game. Not to mention when my daughter goes to sleep and I slap the Punisher in there.

I still remember saving my lawn mowing money for WEEKS to buy an original Nintendo for $100 when I was little!

broncofish

I'm sticking with the xbox 2, It should be out in november. Not to mention I mostly play the tom clancy stuff, and I've been in the same gaming clan since around 2001, so I will stick with what I know, plus besides being able to play a hoopload of old games, the ps kind of stinks.

Originally posted by 007
I still remember saving my lawn mowing money for WEEKS to buy an original Nintendo for $100 when I was little!

I remember I thought when we upgraded our pong for an Atari 2600 then to ColecoVision I was Lucky!! Then there is always the Intellivision.....
SiF

robchuck

Originally posted by 007

Right on! I did the same thing; saved up $120 (I still remember) for the NES package with Super Mario, Duck Hunt (with the gun), and Gyromite (with that robot and gyroscopes). I still remember how much greater I though NES was than the Atari 2600 and Intellivision systems were that I grew up on.

lefty

Duck Hunt's such a great game. I still have it. The gun is pretty neat too. When I was little, I'd just put the gun on the screen and shoot. I felt pretty skilled. :D
-lefty

jkvjl

I still have the first nintendo set. I have a bunch of games for it my favorite is Mike Tysons Punch Out and Legend of Zelda. Only thing that stinks with that system is I have to put the game in the sytem then stick another game on top of it to get the game to work.