Please Confirm before I kill it...

jpc763

I believe this is Aiptasis or Majano. I have Joe's Juice and am ready to treat it. Please confirm the ID before I do it.

As you can see, it is in the middle of a zoo colony so I am concerned about their wellfare. Thanks, John

alix2.0

Originally Posted by J.P
how do u kill that stuff
ive heard joes juice, boiling water, vinegar, lemon juice, cleaner shrimp, copper banded butterfly, and a certain nudibranch i cant remember the name of...

digitydash

Originally Posted by J.P
how do u kill that stuff
I used little water and viniger then nuked it then took a syringe and injected into his mouth

teen

Originally Posted by alix2.0
ive heard joes juice, boiling water, vinegar, lemon juice, cleaner shrimp, copper banded butterfly, and a certain nudibranch i cant remember the name of...
berghia nudibranch. and dont forget kalk paste.

b-baby80

I spotted a very little one lastnight in my tank.Tiny like the size of a pencil eraser.I was positive thats what it was when i spotted it.I waited and got my husbands opinion.He said it looked to be Aptaisia too.I just boiled some water in the microwave and used a turkey baster.It's gone now.

staci

ok, I dont mean to be dense. But what is it and why is it so bad? Would like to know for future reference. Thanks

keri

Originally Posted by Staci
ok, I dont mean to be dense. But what is it and why is it so bad? Would like to know for future reference. Thanks
I think it's because one shortly becomes many....

I remember my friends and I used to go to this pool hall in edmonton all the time that had this giant saltwater tank with a couple of fish....and about 10,000 smallish brown anenomes. At the time I thought it was pretty cool but in retrospect it was likely a hostile aiptasia takeover...

maxalmon

Originally Posted by teen
berghia nudibranch. and dont forget kalk paste.
Ah....two of my favorite things....LOL