Please help, fish dilema!!!!

lightfrommoon

I have 2 tanks, 56 and 75. the 56 (the predator tank), has a porc puffer about 6 inches and the other is SUPPOSED to becoming the reef tank, but it ended up with a longnose butterfly in it (about 5 in.), and it's wreaking havoc in the tank!!!!
I really love my puffer and don't want to upset him with a bright yellow nosy companion, but i don't want the reef tank to suffer either.... (not that there's a whole lot in the tank yet...) can anyone offer me any advice? My LFS said that they can't take the butterfly for another 2 weeks cuz they have to move....

sk8shorty01

I would take the puffer out and bring it to the LFS as it will get way to big for a 55 gallon tank. A porcupine gets to be about the size of a basketball when fully grown (and fully expanded) so that would pose quite the problem in that tank. If I were you I would bring the puffer back, put the butterfly in the 55 gallon and get a smaller puffer if you want (valentini). Just my opinion.

lightfrommoon

how fast will the puffer grow? I mean approximately... I could move him to the 75 tank i guess its longer but not as deep.... dont know what to do with the butterfly in the meantime; he is the problem for the time being. Beautiful but naughty.

sk8shorty01

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2566683
Is there any reason why you don't want to make the 56 the reef?

Woops, why didn't I think of that... Thats why you are on here Sep, to keep all of us from making things to complicated haha!

lightfrommoon

not at all. the tanks were bought at 3 week intervals which is how they were picked for reef vs. predator tanks, but now i'm seeing things differently!!!! i was just sitting here comtemplating how many buckets i would need to switch all the fish from both tanks at the same time. here's pics of my 2 tanks right now. i am pretty attached to mack, the porc puffer. he's my buddy! its just that darned butterfly, and i don't want to upset mack by stickin him with the nosy butterfly!!!! also, i am researcing solutions for hair algae in the agressive tank.....
i dont know if the puffer would bother a lawnmower blenny...

You'll have to ask someone else on that one i've never shipped one either
I know they have to be bagged and usualy this time of the year shipped with a heat pack and usualy in a styrofoam box inside a card board one but other than i have no clue. If your realy serious ask sepulatian she'll know she knows allllllllll. I think sometimes you can get the LFS to help package them for shipping O2 and all.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by slt wtr stupid
http:///forum/post/2566817
You'll have to ask someone else on that one i've never shipped one either
I know they have to be bagged and usualy this time of the year shipped with a heat pack and usualy in a styrofoam box inside a card board one but other than i have no clue. If your realy serious ask sepulatian she'll know she knows allllllllll. I think sometimes you can get the LFS to help package them for shipping O2 and all.
HA HA!! Nope, I have never shipped fish. I don't know what to tell you on that one.