Please Help: Green Star Placement

staz7

Please Help. I am curious to know where to put my green star polyps. Right now I have them laying on my sand. I have a 46 gallon tank with a bowed front and 192 watt power compact (96 blue, 96watts of a 10K). Please let me know what you think. Thank you.:confused: :confused: :confused:

kpogue

They really aren't too particular, but I have found better results w/high light and a strong current. I have a 12" dia placed high in my 150 under a 10k 175w MH and it grows like a weed. I placed a cutting off of it in my 30 down low. It's doing ok, but not near as well as the one in the 150.

von_rahvin

i have all my "star" corals placed near the top of my tank. (2 400 watt mh backed by 2 VHO act) they are spreading very quickly and i am trying to find homes for frags of it with my local reef groups. I read in a book (don't remember which one) they like higher current. don't take it to the bank but they do look cooler with a heavy current running through them.

richard rendos

In the trash....I hate green star polyps.
Actually if you like them, they aren't too picky about placement, but I saw the best growth out of mine under strong lighting and strong current.(that is until I gave them all away...did I mention I hate green star polyps?)

coral bandit

Yes , they definetly like lots of light and current. Mine are growing up the back of my glass and are almost to the water line. Spreading like crazy!