Please Help Green Water

michaeltx

de-ionization but I dont think thats what caused yours many many many people only use RO water without this happening. Your phosphates may be high but you wont know that till you kill off the green you have. The problem with green algae is it will bind into the algae and show zero phosphates in a test kit.
Mike

michaeltx

Originally Posted by Sandi2007x
No different people lol I was actually searching the post before i posted to see if there was any clues there and saw his lol but no not the same tanks Im in NC and I guess he may be in Colorado lol
I just saw his post about having green water and it was sorta strange LOL
Mike

michaeltx

I would so the oxygen level doesnt fall and can kill the dritters in the sand and rocks.
hopefully it will work for you I will keep my fingers crossed.
Mike

tarball

I remember a couple months back when my tank was around 4 months old. The water in the tank had a green tent to it also. I did a 10% water change, Then a couple days later another 10% water changes.... Cleared the water right up. I would leave the canister & skimmer running.
Good luck
I'm sure everything will be fine.

sandi2007x

MichealTX Just wanted to let you know that i left the tank covered for 11 days and took the quilt off and my water was so clear, no more green water yeah lol Just wanted to tell you thanks again for helping me