please help id

jonthefishguy

Its a very venomous coral that eats fish and destroys every living thing in a tank. Naw, just kidding it looks like a colt coral of some sort. But next time do research before you buy thing and put them in your tank.

zeroc

it looks like a Carnation of some type if so, it's a extremely difficult coral to keep and not many have success.

blenny1

Yeh, the guy told me what it was, but I can't remember what he called it. I like to keep a log of everything, and I dont't know the name.

jonthefishguy

Originally Posted by blenny1
Yeh, the guy told me what it was, but I can't remember what he called it. I like to keep a log of everything, and I dont't know the name.
Wouldn't it just be easier to pick up the phone and ask the guy what it was called?

peef

I say carnation coral. Do some serious research if it is as they are unanimously agreed to be super difficult to keep.

jonthefishguy

I am going to have to get on my laptop and look at this pic more closely. That's 2 that say carnation so I am assuming that this phone isn't showing the image very clearly.

blenny1

I just did a search and by the pics I seen, I do think it is a carnation coral, also called cauliflower coral or strawberry soft coral. And it did say they were hard to keep.

jonthefishguy

OKay, NOW I see it...Yes carnation. Stupid phone didnt show pink as the color but more like brown. My bad... Yes carnation, hard but NOT impossible. good luck.

mscarpena

It's deffinately a carnarion coral and don't worry about logging it because it will be dead in a few months. It was sold to you for the great deal of $20.00 because it is probably already half dead. They go for about $60.00, but should not even be sold in the aquarium hobby. Sorry I don't mean to jump all over you, but it bothers me when people buy things not knowing what they are to just put them in there tank and they will die. It also bothers me more that these things are even sold in the hobby because they will just die. They are beautiful so they sell. Like I said it's not you, but people need to do their research because if we do not buy these things they will not be sold and they will stay alive in the wild where they belong. better luck with your next purchase.

ric maniac

i had a carnation coral for about 5 months, and it just melted over a few days. feed it cyclopeeze, plenty of flow and perfect water conditions. but even then it wont last long.