please help ID

A

alti

cant really tell from the pic, but it may be either bubble algea or a closed mushroom.

greatfullreefer

thankyou for the fast response alti...its not bubble algea cause i got alot of that in my cycling tank...hehe...it is blue in the middle if that helps

A

alti

i bet you its probably a closed mushroom. do they ever open up?

jonthefb

looks liek it could be the beginning of a zooanthid polyp (button polyp) very cool though. i had a colony of green ones grow out of my live rock! good stuff!
good luck
jon

mdhyde

it's a roundthingusonmyrockus :)
Does it open up with tenticles??? It could be an anenome. If it does have tenticles, it could be the dreaded aptasia! Altho I never knew why they got such a bad rap. But then I have never had 1000 at one time in my tank! :eek:

A

alti

what kind of lighting do you have on it and what size is the tank? it could be a candy cane too. can you post a better pic?

greatfullreefer

Thats the best pic i can manage...the things are tiny...lol..ill try to shoot it through a magnifying glass later...tank is 75 gallons with 440 watts of VHO 120 lbs of live rock...160 lbs of fine aragonite carib sand

M

mr hanky

zooanthid!!! seen that happen in my tank when something bothers em, or when ther new.

fishtails

I agree with johnthefb and orphiura on the polyp. They grow quickly and accept a wide range of lighting and current.