PLEASE HELP, i'm sick of no answer!!!!!

blenny dude

PLease help i have asked so many times and havn't gotten an answer. i contacted ophiua and she hasn't replied.
i recently put in a linckia into my 29 with 50 lbs of lr. i acclimated it for 4 hours. ph is 8.1, nitrates down everything down. salinity is 1.026. when i got the statr it stays in one spot. it will stay in one spot for a hile. it's been in this one spot for 2 days now. it will move its arms to new areas around the spot but doesnt move much i think it wa hungry and is hacing a good meal.
is this normal behavior for a linkic multiflora?

michaeltx

MCF has hit the nail on the head.
What are the tank parameters? especially pH, specific gravity, alk? Nitrate levels?
Multiflora's are perhaps the 'best' of the Linckia sp stars, though, as noted, none are particularly tough. But I think they would be OK in a 75g, assuming there is a good amount of LR in it. We have another member here who has them in a 75...perhaps a search for Linckia multiflora will help.
The exposure to air thing is a bit of an old wive's tale and I wouldn't worry too much about it. Again, look for one's that are firm, good color, no 'melting' or mucusy spots, been at the store more than a fea days (keep in mind that they will deteriorate up to a month after introduction, if suffering from osmotic shock.
[/QOUTE]
Linckia do not typically move quickly. That is normal. What is the pH and specific gravity of the tank, and how old is the system?
No, many Linckia and things that are called Linckia but are not, reproduce through arm drops.
She has answered but if the star isnt detiorateing then it more than likely just not ready to move yet and when it gets ready to it will. or it was reall hungry and has found a spot that has a lot of food for him and is building its strenght just a guess though.
nut if it still in one piece and all I would give it sometime.
Mike

blenny dude

thank you mike. I read all that you posted and i've already read that like 7 times!
i just wanted to know why it wasn't moving anywhere, its still in the same spot. thank you.

goldrush

Try reading it one more time,I think you missed this part

[hr]
"She has answered but if the star isnt detiorateing then it more than likely just not ready to move yet and when it gets ready to it will. or it was reall hungry and has found a spot that has a lot of food for him and is building its strenght just a guess though.
nut if it still in one piece and all I would give it sometime."

blenny dude

ive been trying to raise my ph, but it's taking time. ophiura has reccommended a salinity of 1.025 or 1.026 so i'm going to take her adivce on that. thanks though
goldrush i didn't misse that part
i just wanted to know why it wasn't moving anywhere, its still in the same spot. thank you.
i said tat because i wanted to state what i was looking for and i got it.