PLEASE HELP ME GREEN ALGAE FILM

reefman812

HI EVERYONE I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION ALL MY PERIMETERS ARE PERFECT YET WHY DO I ALWAYS GET THIS LIGHT GREN ALGAE FILM ON MY ARCYLIC AND EVERYDAY I WOULD WIPE IT OFF BUT THEN 2 HOURS LATER HAVE TO WIPE IT OFF AGAIN

maury

A few questions. How old is your tank? What is your Phosphorus level? Are you using RO/DI water? And does the tank get any direct sunlight?

reefman812

i didnt test my phosphorus level but all this didnt occur until i introduce this little piece of a plant, i run my lights on for 14 hours a day and all of a sudden this nasty green film appeared on the water surface not the acrylic and i had this tank for 2 months

reefman812

sorry about that i was talking about the green fil;m on the acrylic but then i have another post somewhere i have this problem also with green nasty film on my water's surface

byrself

how long since you got the plant? is it caulerpa? did you dump the bag water with the caulerpa into your tank? 2 months old is a still new tank. could be perfectly normal imo.

reefman812

that plant is supposely suppos eto eat the nutrients of the algae it aint calpera its some other plant but i only inmtroduced so little i dont know wahts happenening my water surface looks like crap