please help me idenitfy this

huckleberry

i bought this live rock from my LFS because it looked cool... when i bought it i did notice taht it had these pink "dots" on it or pink "cirlces" when i asked the clerk,she told me she thought it was some sort of sponge... she said it was harmless. i bought it b/c it looked good... it is kind of slick to the touch...
anyone know what it could be? shoudl i be worried about it?
this particular rock has about 5 of thse pink spots on it, each about an inch in diamter...
also, what do you guys think of chocolate chip starfish? are they cool or not?
:D
also, what about pink tipped anemones? good, bad, easy to care for? what's the deal? what about a florida condi?
thanks for all your help
this is a great website
thanks again
huck

cboyfan2020

do not put choc. chip star in a reef tank! It is a predator that will eat your shrimp and corals.
Anenomes should not be tried until you get the hang of the whole reef thing. I have a condy and while they are not considerd a host anenome my maroon clown has set up shop.

huckleberry

cwbyfan-
thanks for your advice...
i don't have a reef tank, but plan to put some peppermint shrimp in there...
hey, PLEASE... can no one identify those pink spots on my live rock? should i take it back to the fish store where i got it at?
she had other rocks there that had the same stuff on them... her fish in that tanks seem to be doign fine...
thanks again
huck