Please help me identify corals

nemo's mom

Me? I have a brain, zoas, my gonipora, a yellow leather, a reg. leather, a colt, mushrooms, xenia and some yellow polyps...one day I hope to have a nice reef

valgae

how many little fingers are coming off the flower pot coral? 12= alevopora 24=gonipora. the're not supposed to live too long ive had mine almost a year. feed some mysis every now and again. just a litle bit of encouragement for u.

sign guy

Originally Posted by Nemo's Mom
Me? I have a brain, zoas, my gonipora, a yellow leather, a reg. leather, a colt, mushrooms, xenia and some yellow polyps...one day I hope to have a nice reef
sounds like a good start

slugg3r

My LFS calls a Gonipora a ball coral...don't know if it's the same as a flower pot. It does look like it's dying off in parts. Keep a close eye on it
The areas where it looks dead are just because my cleaner shrimp won't leave it alone so it goes into hiding. A few minutes after he leaves it comes right back out.
There are 24 fingers so it sounds like it is a gonipora. I'm sad to hear they don't live long. It is the neatest thing in the tank and my clownfish loves it. It probably isn't good for it but he sleeps on it at night while it is fully closed up.
Thanks everyone for your help! I really needed it.

slugg3r

I think Slugger might have a head start on me with his new tank...
I wanted to take it slow but found a good deal in the local paper for 90gal bowfront so I couldn't pass it up. Since it came with lots of live stuff I was forced to jump right into the fire.