Please help me pick a camera

rootx69

Well I have been looking around and think I have narrowed it down to three. Nikon D40, Olympus EVOLT E-330, and Canon rebel XT. Any thought and experiences would be a great help.
Thanks all

spiderwoman

Circuit City had them all and so should Best Buy. Olympus was the worst of the 3 and felt like a little plastic toy. Nikon was too big for my hands.

imurnamine

Last week a bought the newest Sony Cybershot HD camera, in baby pink.
It takes some AWESOME pictures. Also, it was on sale for $199 at Best Buy. Can't beat that!

H

heart & sole

I got a Olympus EVOLT E-410 about 2 months ago and love it. It takes amazing pics so i would recommend it. They run about the same price as the other cameras on your list and take great macro shoots even with the stock lens.

funw/fish

if you r still looking i have the nikon d80 great camera awsome respons tim 10 mp and 3 sshots per second also wide range of lenses and nikon makes the best lenes IMO the d 80 is a upgrade over the d40 but the 10 mp d 40 is a wonderfull camera plus nikon is having a sale now on pagage deals get your self a good vr lens 55 to 200 and u will be set.

05xrunner

Canon HANDS DOWN.
D40 is very limited crippled camera. Not all lenses made for nikon will be able to AF, the Olympus camera is ehh, and their lens lineup is pretty weak as well. The XT has all the lenses can be used made for the EOS system, It is not crippled down like the D40 is and the over all system is MUCH MUCH better then the Olympus

scopus tang

I have the Canon (actually its my wife's) and love it as well, but unless you pop the extra cash for the macro lens, you aren't going to be able to take macro pictures. Cannon says their stock lenses support this feature, but really they don't (unless they've changed that feature in the XTi
).

05xrunner

no ALOT of compaines just throw the word macro on the lens when it has a close focus distance. BUT you can get some cheap extension tubes and almost have a macro shot with the kit lens..or you can get a reverse ring and then you will mount the lens backwards and that will give you pretty much a macro lens