PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

broomer5

I don't know much about ich or parasites in general, but I do know that when fish are stressed - they are more prone to get sick.
A 25 gallon Hex is more difficult to provide adaquate water circualation than a traditional rectangular tank. You may have an excess in CO2 gas because of poor water circulation.
Add this to any large amounts of algae present in your tank, and you could be seeing a substantial drop in your pH when the lights go off. Nighttime temperatures drop as well when you have the lights off.
A large drop in pH can cause stress on fish.
A large change in temperature can cause stress on fish. The parasites are always there. Stressed fish are easy targets.
What do you have for water circulation ?
What is your current pH reading ?
What is your day and night temperature swings ?
What is your lighting source ?
Do you have a lot of algae growing in this tank ?

broomer5

He wants to know if the parasites will fall off the fish as the lights turn on ..... PERIOD !
I've seen this before with my old flame angel. It was not particles of sand on it's body.
It was not the fish's coloration changing as described.
It was a very small parasite, that indeed was there in the morning, and after the tank lights came on ... was no longer visible on the fish's body.
tallyho addressed the question - and gave the reply I believe thebigelk is seeking.
Can anyone else add to this to help thebigelk with his original question?

discusking

THE CROMAS ARE JUST STARTLED, FROM BEING WOKEN UP. WITH SOME FISH THEY CHANGE COLOR WHEN THEY "SLEEP" MY CHROMAS DOES THE SAME THING. IT IS FINE DON'T WORRY UNLESS IF SHOWS SYPTOMS OF ICK.

rmd8110

do you have anything floating around in the water???? if you do get some marine clarifier...it works great! i had a few little spots from that getting on one of my gobies when he was being less active. but when he swims around it falls off...

thebigelk

i give up... i guess nobody really knows for sure.the lfs has no clue either.(like thats a surprise)my water parametres are fine . i've tested the water several times when this problem started.

underthesea

I think that you are safe and you do not have ick on your fish. It is just a thing that some fish do at night when the light are off. Yes i know it looks like ick and you do not have a sand bed but do not worry. If it was ick it would still be on the fish even once the lights came on. It would be on them all day. You are safe in my opinion.

broomer5

thebigelk
I'm with you on this one. I've seen the same sort of thing with a flame angel, as I mentioned.
I don't know the answer.
I've seen fish changing colors from day to nighttime as discussed too.
What I saw was not that I can assure you.
I did not imagine it. I'm sure you did not as well.
I will ask Terry B. or Beth - they are much more experienced with disease and parasites.