Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!

sethw

My water in my tank is soo murky, i did a water change, and to make it even worse, when i mixed in the salt (not in the tank, in a seperate container) this white stuff, that was in the salt, ended up all on the sand-bed, and my sand-bed is black, so it really shows. and also.........ill make nother post for that N/M. But should i totally change all of the water? or what should i do. and also, i put one shrimp pellet in a day to feed my SHrip and my Crab. They eat it, but sometimes they dont, and it then gets scattered about the tank, clouding up the water and making a mess, i cant use the water vaccum cuz it will suck the sand up with it, what can i do???

sagxman

First of all, how long are you letting a powerhead mix your new saltwater? Could it be that not everything is disolving?
Secondly, do you have a protien skimmer? These will many times work wonders on murky tanks.

canisee2

Originally Posted by SaGxMAN
First of all, how long are you letting a powerhead mix your new saltwater? Could it be that not everything is disolving?
Secondly, do you have a protien skimmer? These will many times work wonders on murky tanks.
Very ture

Austin

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by sethw
My water in my tank is soo murky, i did a water change, and to make it even worse, when i mixed in the salt (not in the tank, in a seperate container) this white stuff, that was in the salt, ended up all on the sand-bed, and my sand-bed is black, so it really shows. and also.........ill make nother post for that N/M. But should i totally change all of the water? or what should i do. and also, i put one shrimp pellet in a day to feed my SHrip and my Crab. They eat it, but sometimes they dont, and it then gets scattered about the tank, clouding up the water and making a mess, i cant use the water vaccum cuz it will suck the sand up with it, what can i do???
What type of salt mix are you using?? How long did you let it mix before doing a water change with it?? Having a few more cleanup crews will help to eat anything that's left....Or you can vaccum it up and scoop the sand back into your tank like what I did before.... :happyfish