Please Help Me

plumber

Hi, Introduced red slime control med. few days ago . Turned of protien skimmer after I was advised to do so. Have now turned skimmer back on still have a million tiny little bubbles cant get it to stop. Also all my tank parameters are out of whack. If I turn off skimmer tank looks Great however parametrs are still out of whack what is my next move? Thanks John

spanko

First learn from the experience. Chemical additives to our tanks are always a crap shoot IMO.
To give you some help probably need to know what your parameters are first. Also with the skimmer is it filling up quickly? If so keep emptying it as it will calm down after a while.

barchtruong

don't worry, get that skimmer to run full speed. It will run normal in about 3 hrs.
The first time I used Chemiclean, I got freaked out when I changed the 20% of water and turned the skimmer on. The tank was all bubbled up badly with microbubbles. But I learned that after afew hrs, the bubbles were all gone. I just treated my tank for a second time afew days ago. Yesterday was the day I turned the skimmer on, and sure enuf, after 3 hrs,the tank was fine.

plumber

Ammon.0.25 Nitrite 0.25,ph 8.0 nitrate80, If you need any others that I can test please advise. Also skimmer is filling like mad

spanko

Yup skimmer will be a problem until it purges. Have you done the water change yet? A good 20% change will help.

bionicarm

Originally Posted by Plumber
http:///forum/post/2824409
Ammon.0.25 Nitrite 0.25,ph 8.0 nitrate80, If you need any others that I can test please advise. Also skimmer is filling like mad
Whoa! Did anything die in the tank due to the additive? Something's not right with all those spikes. I'd do a 20% water change pretty quick.

plumber

I did 15% water change .have no more water I'll do it tomorrow. No fish in distress and every thing looks good excepy for bubbles .