Please help Naso Tang

c_bell

I posted yesterday about my 125 gal display with ick. Last night when i got home from work the Naso tang aand the butterfly were not moving much and laying against the rocks. The butterfly was covered with visiable ick, but the Naso was not, and his breather was slightly higher than normal. His chest is real dark in color and get get lighter the higher up you go on his back. He has noticable black spots around his tail. I set up the 55 gal last night and lowered the salinity a little and removed all the LR that was in it, this is a tank that i was suppose to break down this week, but didnt it has been fishless for about a week it just had some LR in it. When I woke up this morning the butterfly has passed on and i thought the tang had too, but when i went to pick him up with the net he moved away. So I got him out and in to the 55 gal. I did slowly acclimate him and the salinity is at 1.14 and over the next 12-24 hours Im going to lower to hypo level 1.09 I DO have a refactometer. My question is does this sound like Ick??? HE does'nt really have the white salt sprinkles and his color is real dark oon his lower chest, the spots on his tail have concerned too. PLease Help!!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Are these new fish, or have you added fish to your tank resently without QT first? Do the black spots on the butterfly look like ich, only black?
You should placed the fish in QT then lower salinity, not lower the salinity before putting fish in.
Do you have other fish in your display tank?

c_bell

The butterfly passed on this morning, its the naso that im concered with. The butterfly had white spots of ick, the naso has little black spots on his tail fins (kinda like ick I guess). There was no new fish added, it think it may have been caused by a temp swing, the AC was off one day when i came home from work, or maybe one of the fish stressed when i added more LR to the tank. There are a few more fish in the other tank, i am going to OT them in one of the other QT tanks, although they have not showed any signs, i know i have to leave the 125 fish for 4-6 weeks ti get rid of the ick.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The black spots may be black ich, or black spot disease. Can you get a pic up?

c_bell

The naso is doing better now swimming around in the 55 gal. I know that i was not suppose to lower the salinity untill the fish were in there, but i did acclimate him very slowly. The Naso tang hsas been in the tank the longest about 4-5 months i did not QT him because at the time my QT tank was too small 18 gal. I will try to get a pic.