Please Help Now Major Mid Night Crisis

fish1031

I just come home to find my BTA halfwat in my overflow box ripped by the different teeth in the box where the water overflows... pushed it all the way in the box as gently as possible trying not to rip it worse... had to have been less than 8 hours. turned the filter system off and detached the overflow box which is now sitting at the bottom of the tank with the BTA suctioned on the box. I am extremely tired and have to risk forceing the BTA out and really lessening its chance to survive and get the pump working now... or try to let it recover and come out my morning and not having the tank run the remainder of the night
Please please please ANY help appreciated
Need to make extremely quick decision

sepulatian

Originally Posted by fish1031
I just come home to find my BTA halfwat in my overflow box ripped by the different teeth in the box where the water overflows... pushed it all the way in the box as gently as possible trying not to rip it worse... had to have been less than 8 hours. turned the filter system off and detached the overflow box which is now sitting at the bottom of the tank with the BTA suctioned on the box. I am extremely tired and have to risk forceing the BTA out and really lessening its chance to survive and get the pump working now... or try to let it recover and come out my morning and not having the tank run the remainder of the night
Please please please ANY help appreciated
Need to make extremely quick decision
How good is the rest of the flow in the tank? If you have great flow then you will be fine without the overflow for the night.

fish1031

ok tank was fine with powerheads and the BTA is alive in open in the overflow box sitting in the tank and I am leaving in an hour until tomorrow...