Please help! Overgrown clove polyps!

thedocta

OK guys here's the deal. I bought this tiny 7-10 polyp frag of clove polyps a month ago and since then it has more than tripled in size, it's crazy how fast these grow with the right care. Within the first week they spread from the rock they were on to the rock nearest them. Now the 2 rocks are connected and I need to know how to sorta frag them without removing the rock their attached to...because it's covered in corals and is the only and biggest rock in my cube. Should I just rip them off and stick them on another rock? Or should I stick a razor blade in there and cut them off? Also when I finally frag them I'll be giving the small frag/s away for free. Please LMK what I should do because these things are taking over my tank. Thanks. -Greg

crazy4reefs

if they have a mat like greenstar polyps or zoo's then you can frag it either way. if there is a loose piece you can just tear it off which would be the easier way but a razor blade would work also and just super glue it to lr. if you want to make alot of frags you can see if you lfs has lr rubble they could sell you for a good price and use that. that way you dont have to use the the lr you already have in your tank. i dont think you have to worry about being to careful as i think they are a hardy coral.hth, also i would be interested in a frag, thanks. good luck :)

thedocta

Alright...I'll start Fraging them tomorrow...I think I could get maybe 2 or 3 smal frags. Thanks for your help. -Greg