Please help! Puffer w/ick & cloudy eyes: (

reeffreak9

Ok my puffer has ick. He has had it now for awhile and it has gotten progressively worse. I already had received much help from another thread I posted on treating the ick. I decided to treat my DT with chem-marin stop parasite. I had to wait like a week to receive it in the mail, because my lf stores do not carry it. I just got it today, and dosed the DT at 2pm. Now I am praying this will take care of the ick.
But the ick is no longer the extent of my problem. My puffers eyes have clouded over. Today is the third day with the eyes being clouded, looking worse each day. They are milky white, and I think they could possibly be a bit puffed up, but I can't say for certain.
Now I have read the treatment for cloud eye is Melafix, which I have. But could I treat with melafix and stop parasite? And is melafix reef safe? I have anemones and inverts. Do you think her eye's will clear up? As it is now, she is blind and I have been feeding her by using tweezers and putting her meal to her mouth so she can grab it. She definately still has an appetite. I am really worried about her eye's. Could this be caused by the ick? What should I do?
I am including a pic of her happy and healthy a couple weeks ago
. And the second one is now
. Thanks so much in advance to anyone who has any advice for me!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Cloudy eyes is a typical symptom of ich, as long as the eyes are not puffed.
I can really endorse the use of Stop Parasite, however. There is info in the FAQ Thread about Ich and Ich Treatment.