Please Help!!

scubaguy

Hey Squiddly do you go to ScubaBoard.com at all. I am FloridaWannabe awsome sight and a lot of information.
I wish I had a way to contact the manufacture if Coralife and let them know how I feel and get them to have better quality management. I am sure other people like myself have lost a lot of marine life due to the inaccurate product.
@ JoshRadio who is your comment too?

squiddly

Haven't been to that board, ScubaGuy, but it's likely because I have zero time. Just got back from Bonaire to tanks that were not taken care of properly. Videos on my home page. So as not to hijack the thread from our poor suffering friend here, I took my Instant Ocean hydrometer to an LFS who actually knew how to read a refractometer :). We had the sharpie ready to show the deviation between the two but lo and behold, the hydrometer was correct. I was very surprised, as well as pleased that I hadn't destroyed anything stupidly.

deny

Originally Posted by JoshRadio
Just a curious question... did you salt your RO or was it already salted?
I had a strange occurrance with copper getting in from water from a different LFS
I bought the ro water from walmart in gallon jugs. The salt I use is INstant Ocean. Well, I'm off to the LFS... I will be back and let you all know what the test results are!! oohhh

jcarroll

I had a problem with fish dying, and decided to just let my tank sit for a few months. I am so glad I did. My fish I added two weeks ago have survived. I didn't know why my other fish died either, but they were within two days of each other. Since I didn't know why and all of my levels were normal, I assumed it was some kind of disease. All of my inverts were still alive also. I know people say to wait 6 weeks before adding anything after you've had a breakout of something. Well, I figured, what's the difference between 6 weeks and 3 months? They're both a long time, but I figured that if I waited about 3 months, whatever killed the fish was sure to be gone. So that's what I did. I just maintained the tank and patiently waited.
In my opinion, I think that going out and buying more fish right after you just lost your whole stock of them is a pretty bad idea, you're just asking for frustration if they also die. I don't care if they're only 3.99, it's still going to be frustrating for you. Just take it slow and don't rush the tank. It was well worth the wait. By the way, I'm not planning on adding anymore fish for 6-8 weeks.

deny

Well, I'm back from the LFS. I wasn't going to buy fish, just to get the water tested. They tested my water and it was exactly the same readings as mine. He did mention that maybe I had some perfume or something on my hands that got into the water. So for now, it is still a mystery..... So it's water change today, again on Sunday and wait and see...
Thank you everyone for your help.