Please help!

bunk97

about anenome lighting I have been told by somebody I know to keep lighting on anenomes 24 hours a day I don't think that it is right. 12 hours is about right isen't? It is a condylactis anenome. It is pretty cool. it is my first anenome and not my last. how many do you think you can keep in a 55 gallon fish only tank. I have about 4 fish in there right now. do you think 4 anenomes would be to much or what?
any suggestions always appreciated.
humahuma

carrie1429

Yes 12 hours is the right lighting, well it can be different like 8-12 hours but it shouldn't be on for 24 hours I mean in the ocean is there light for 24 hours? In a 55gal tank you should probably only have 3 anemones depending on if your tank is long or high, if it is long then you could have IMO 3. But you should just stick with the one you have for now, at least for a while.

Condy anemones are probably the most common and most recognized anemones. I ahve several. They need to be fed meaty foods. I feed mine pieces of cocktail shrimp 3-4 times a week and they love it. I use tongs and feed them by hand. Hold off getting another condy for a while, you may want a different kind of anemone. They all like to be fed meaty foods and can not survive on lighting alone. HTH