Please I.D. These Fish! :)

imurnamine

Hi all!
Long time no post...
I have a picture from my boyfriend's recent dive trip & we were curious to know what kind of fish these are! Any input would be super duper helpful! Thanks guys!

imurnamine

Fabulous! Thank you so much!
These kinds of fish aren't ughhh... available for your average tank, are they?

aquaknight

Can't say I've seen Bluestripeds specifically for sale... They generally are a shoaling fish, that does better together. Individually they are a little skiddish. They aren't the brightest fish in the ocean (intelligence wise). They are pretty decent predators, so they eat whatever they can, but aren't aggressive at all, like lions, and can be bullied by triggers, angels, etc. They get pretty large. Max size that's listed is 18", which I'm guessing the larger one to the top of your pic is? Most of them are probably about a foot? That in itself would rule out most aquariums, just based on tank size alone. I'm say about a 180gal would be okay for a decent sized one.
The closest relative that is commonly for sale, is the Porkfish. Which for any aquarium above say a 125gal isn't a terrible option. Another fish that's a bit more distantly related, but has similar coliring, is the Blue-Line Snapper.