Please id for me ????

kjord97

Hey everyone, i got this coral from a friend when the took apart there tank and moved away. They told me it was a pagoda cup, but pagoda's are a hard coral. this coral is more like a rubber. he is attached to a pieace of rock that i have burried in the sand. if anyone can id, help me please.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a finger leather to me. Nice specimen. Is it attached to a rock?

kjord97

yes it is attached to a small rock like stick. i tried putting the leather into the rock formation, but he does better in the sand. thank you for the comments.

kjord97

the sand is a mixer of marine sand, it is 4 bags of 5 pounds piece. 1 white 1 orange 2 different shades of blue that make it look purple. i took the sand for 6 months and had it in my buddies sump to get the sand to turn alive. there is alot of cyclopods and worms cruising through the sand. it is cool every now and then to see sand tubes extending out of the sand bed.

kjord97

it is MARINE SAND , i have found it at local fish store and i have fond it at petsmart . thank you for the comments on the sand, it was my girlfriends idea. figure i have not seen to many tanks with it.